Advice needed on the weather tomorrow.

Hey GuysI'm keen to take my boat out tomorrow (its a 6 meter 1/4 cabin ali). I want to hit a spot about 25km out from outer harbor. Seas out there tomorrow are supposed to be around 1 - 1.5 meters .5 meter swell with around a 15-20 knot westerly's. Want to head out about 8am. Dose anyone know if that looks in the middle of the gulf. would it be too dodgy/uncomfortable :sick: to attempt?

If you have a good back, it can be done if you don't mind getting wet & you or the crew don't get sea sick sitting there waiting for the first bite.You could give it a try to see it for yourself, but be willing to turn around & fish sheltered waters.I look for better days with less than 15 knts. B)

Agree, you shouldnt die, but it may be a slow trip depending on how comfy you want to be during the journey.Not to mention the bouncing around whilst trying to fish.Then you have the predicted showers and always the chance of a mechanical failure meaning a long wait and a slow tow back in crappy conditions on a day where you may be the only trailer at the ramp .But hey, you may get a bag of good fish, boat doesnt miss a beat and a trip home after lunch in slowing winds may end up a high five moment!!Be sure to post back tho!!

Thanks guys, Just wanted to check, I figured it would be slow going but didn't want to put the guys coming with me at risk. I guess I'll poke the nose out and see. The rain will suck but hoping I can finally catch a fish. I'll post back and let you know how I get on.

the first fish caught in your newly restored sexy tub while out in the gulf chasing monster winter reds should be a spiritual experiance. I wouldn't want to be clutching the gunnels spraying breakfast all over the gulf!Pack a sea anchor if you do venture out, definately don't want a motor issue to be addressed without the bow pointing into the chop....

Wait till the weather backs off a bit. The fish will still be there if you're the first out there after the blow. Chances are it will be uncomfortable and tends to take the edge off your next trip if you get bashed about. If you're keen to get out I'd be hitting the close inshore grounds late in the arvo whilst the water is still murky.

Hey GuysThought I would report back on the weekend adventure. I decided to head out as I wanted to give the boat a run through its paces. It was closer to 2 meters as we got out in the middle and was slow going on the way out. Anything above about 18km per hour saw most of the boat leave the water and come crashing down. It took about 1 hour 20 min to cover the 24km. Was good fun but I wouldn't advise it if you back is even remotely bad. Turns out I have done all the bolts up tight enough as everything was where it was supposed to be when we got there :clap:. Once there I looked around on the sounder and after finding some promising signs I threw out the sea anchor and told the guys to get there rigs in the water. I was the only one smart enough to take a kwell before leaving so I was fine, the other guys however rejected my offer for the little pill and all told me adamantly before leaving (No I never get sea sick). Within about 2 min of focusing on attaching a rig and bait they were all ready to offer up burley :sick: .I ignored their dry reaching and got my line over. :fishing: within about 2 min I had a hard hit from something and it went slack. I wound it in to find my mono leader had detached from the braid! :c I had a nice new reel and the guy at the tackle shop tied it on for me, his knot was obviously not quite up to par....This was the one fishing scenario I didn't take into account (this is my first real with braid), so i didn't have a backup reel. At that point the day went down hill. It took me 40min in the 2 meter seas to try and tie a new mono leader to the braid, attach a swivel and new rig, Most of the time it was impossible not to be holding on. In that 40min i also had to motor back over the spot to be back around the fish. The two guys who managed to get a line over didn't have enough weight to get to the bottom so weren't having any luck (they felt to crook to care about changing the setup despite my constant heckling).I got my new rig out for 2 more casts and in that time something took that tail clean off the new soft plastic. It was time to motor back over the spot or head in. I badly wanted to hook something but I was starting to feel sorry for everyone so I caved and we motored back. Heading with the following sea was much nicer than heading out, had the boat sitting around 45kph and we were back in under 30min. Was glad I headed out as I was able to put the boat through its paces and see what was and wasn't possible. Just spewing I didn't land a fish. Would I do it again....hell no, but i had a blast .Next time I'll wait till things are bellow 1 meter before giving it another crack.. Good to know there are some big ones out there though even in winter :-).