Anchor Etiquette

When you pull up to a group of boats there are some rules to follow. Turn you motor off and glide in to a spot. Some people get angry if you sit down stream of their berley stream. Have a look to see which way the berley will be going. The way the back of the boat is facing indicates normally which way the berley is going to drift. When you go to drop the anchor try not to let your chain scrape and clunk along the boat. Many anglers believe this will scare away the fish size=480http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/5cujGx17__DSC00488.JPG[/img]

• 1 year later...

Nah Fred, that's not right! I think you must be new at this, but don't worry I'll help ya out, coz I've seen it done many times! ;)Ya come in at WOT, then ya throttle off and motor between all the anchored boats. Then ya circle around and around and around and around all the anchored boats, before pulling up right behind them, to drop anchor and pull back into their burley trail! Then ya up anchor, have a second and a third attempt. Then ya fish for 5 minutes, anchor up and bugger orf! :icon_evil:

Unfortunately Ranger, what you say there happens a lot. >:(Not seen it much up North, however have had it happen a few times down South whilst drifting along the cliffs for squid. Some a - hole decides to roar between all the boats drifting, to get back to the top of the line and then drift through again. Stupid wankers then just abuse you if you say anything and then wonder why nothing else gets caught >:( >:( >:(p.s. - Fred, good point to remember.

Guest dabilda

One day Im gonna attach a saw to a long pole.Next guy who anchors too close might find himsel drifting away for no obvious reason !

Are you going to cut the rope (knife) or the boat (saw) just behind the anchor cleat? :):D :D :icon_lol:

One day Im gonna attach a saw to a long pole.Next guy who anchors too close might find himsel drifting away for no obvious reason !

Hey fishy,Funny, if I started drifting for no obvious reason then you'd start sinking for no obvious reason :icon_lol: ::) ha ha CHA CHING!!! (don't worry fellas, it's an inside joke)

and DONT do what the victorians seem to enjoy doing during the snapper fishing conpetition.....IF A HEAP OF BOATS ANCHORED.....PLEASE DONT RACE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THEM AT FULL SPEED......has happened plenty of times.....bloody vic'si can see one day they will pick the wrong person to do that to and it will get settled back at the ramp......

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the tip - and warning of anchor loss :DMust admit I'd not be that stupid - and I'm totally new to fishing and boating.If I don't see a friendly wave I'd keep well clear.Speaking of which - hope I did not annoy the guys fishing off of West Beach close inshore on Thursday morning.I was just using you as a mark and kept 300m to 500m away - it was my first day out on the boat and I was putting her through her paces with the dealer ;D

howdy,on a few previous occasions i have been drifting with sea anchor tied off the front and had these guys rush up and anchor next to us,thinking we were anchored.cracks me up as we drift off laughing. :icon_lol:cheers adamibinfishin

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:Nice one.... I might try the same soon when I get myself a drogue :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;D

howdy,on a few previous occasions i have been drifting with sea anchor tied off the front and had these guys rush up and anchor next to us,thinking we were anchored.cracks me up as we drift off laughing. :icon_lol:cheers adamibinfishin

i too have sticthed a few up sort of like that.... there will be boats everywhere on the ocean, but someone will park on top of you ....we pull the pick, but leave the rope in....and slowly moves