Samaki Zing Surf Rod - For distant surf casting?.

Hi All,Anyone used the Samaki Zing Surf 12FT 6.8 - 13Kg Line, Casts 56g-110g ?. How well does this load up for casting far distances to where the fish are.Comes at a reasonable price for me and the specs are what I am after just wondering if it casts far for lures & bait 90m+ ?.http://www.samaki.com.au/fishing-tac...zing-surf.htmlWhat reel model & size would be recommend to balance the rod.Thanks in advance.

I also practice distance casting :) . While it's often true that the fish are at your feet, being able to cast that extra distance can open up a number of options that would otherwise not be available ;)hab4a63a.JPGI've not used the Samaki Zing rods, but the major factor in distance is technique. Gear definitely helps, but correct technique is the key to distance. If you would like further information on distance casting, I can PM you some links.Cheers!SB

definitely are a good rod in the 7ft I was casting a 50gm slug miles when down at waitpinga with a headwind! like cal said though that doesn't matter when the fish are less than 50m away! I was just chucking the slug around as a bit of fun while baitwasting! all my fish were caught casting less than 20m from the wash! As someone else said it comes down to personal choice and are you casting lures or soaking baits! totally different styles of rods and sinker weight is important as well. If you are casting big baits this adds weight too