The Ultimate Sinker

I'm into a bit of distance casting and thought I'd share a pic of a sinker that a mate put together as a bit of a joke. A couple of the other guys are distance casting with 8-10 oz and getting around the 170 metre mark (sinker only) over the field, so we thought they needed a bit of a challenge.If you look carefully you can see the weight written on the side of the sinker.I don't think this one would move in the surf but getting it out there could be a bit of a problem :laugh::laugh::laugh: Cheers!SBTheBigUnSinker.jpg

Here's a pic that shows how I use the sinker, I'm sure there are other ways too.This rig is called a pulley rig, it has a couple of functions:- it keeps the bait streamlined behind the sinker in flight, allowing a longer cast,- when a fish takes the hook, the sinker moves up the line, helping it to keep away from snags such as rocks etc.In the following pic, the main line is the one at the far right hand side, the rest of the rig is the pulley section.P3290062.JPGWith this sinker, the hook is clipped under a little clip, and when the sinker hits the water, the plastic disc moves up and releases the hook.P3300010.JPGWhen a fish takes the hook, you can see how it pulls the "pulley" so that the sinker is up and out of the way.P3300013.JPGI mainly use this sinker for distance casting to structure off the beach, but also use a different clip in a similar rig for fishing over rocky areas for snapper. The following pic shows a Gemini Rig Clip used in a pulley rig, which also releases upon impact.P3290071.JPGFinally, the proof's in the pudding :) . Here's a nice little land based snapper taken with a pulley rig using the Gemini Splashdown sinker, from approx. 100-120 metres out.P5013946.JPGCheers!SB