Was chasing some squid off a local jetty this morning and pulled this thing in on a 5'grub, was 66cm and around 3lb and swallowed the grub a fair way down! I haven't googled it, thought a salt fisho on here would know what it is? @nd pic shows a little red worm that is part of it's lower jaw to attract prey i'm guessing.weirdfish001.jpgweirdfish002.jpg

wow' date=' what an ugly bugga mate! Looks like a cross between a John Dory & a leather jacket. I dare you to eat it LOL[/quote']
Was a WTF is that moment Allroy, fit my whole fist in it's gob to get the grub out, I let it go so just waiting for the replies saying their the best eating fish on the planet :laugh: ,, plently of squid for dinner anyways :)

Silver Dory (Cittus Australis)Sometimes caught on the deep snapper reefs.Very unusual catch off a metro jettyAwesome eating.

Thanks Kelvin for the ID mate, awsome eating damn it :S Was caught on beachport jetty, this time of year we get cold currents come into the bay from the shelf and get a few different deeper water species in 3-4m of water,, last year it was arrow squid :)