semaphore yellowfin whiting on lures

Gidday all at strikehook

just back to strikehook after a long absence , First post, coming  to Adelaide Mon 26th for a week and would like to know the chances of yellow fin whiting along the beaches near Semaphore. or would I be better off chasing bream in Westlakes this time of year ???????

Thanks

peelipeeli17 

thanks for all the replies

ive had no access to computer till today just fired up thought I would post an update.

Put the canoe in at Birkenhead Hotel Wednesday floated around flicking 3" squigee pilly 2 salmon trout released . 1 seagull released which much grief

Then Thurs L/ Base at port quays for 2 small bream on TT Ghostblades released

Today L/B West lakes off Brebner drive I nice salmon about 40cm small spinnerbait yellow and orange, 1 flathead about 29cm 3"squigee prong ? wasabi

at least Ive had some fun .decided canoe is a waste of time :(.

next time leave it home and stay L/B

Will try to get a couple more sessions down trimmer pde end of Westlakes before leaving Monday

Thanks again :D

gidday All

back home over the border

I dropped the canoe into  Westlakes  Sunday morning 6;30 am at a beach under the power lines then  tossed small lures at the pontoons around Delfin Island (eastern side ) worked my way around to a bridge , had about 45mins around the pylons watching bream following but not taking so did the pontoons back to beach at 11:30 all up one undersize bream on 2" squigee wriggler (Black and silver ) still that's fishing. its still a nice change from lureing in the dirty Darling River

thanks for the advice.

Cheers peelipeeli17

When is the season for yellowfin whiting in Adelaide?  I thought when the weather is a bit choppy and getting colder that's when you get them.

Yellowfin whiting are a warm weather species so they leave once the temperatures starts to drop, normally when the crabs and flathead start to disappear the yellowfin will follow suit.

During the colder months the king george whiting and salmon tend to move closer inshore and become more accessible to the land based anglers.

Not sure on adelaide waters as I live on the spencer gulf but from the sounds westlakes would be good or hitting up a local beach for some salmon trout, put a bait rod out and you could pick up a king george or two as well