Do you name your fishing gear??

Not sure if I'm too obsessed with my fishing gear but I do take really good care of them so I can pass down to my next generation.

But I do have names for my babies!

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem?! surely I'm not the only crazy one on here :)

Back left is "PENNY" - penn 6500sv LL. still a virgin too but i'll keep trying!

"Liz" the stradic. First fish I caught on it was a lizard (flathead) Poor girl needs to go back to the shimano warehouse under warranty as is a little sick and under 2 yrs old!

"Cedar" the 360 penn slammer. That's my daughters reel she uses all the time, so easy for kids to use and can cop a belting when she drops it more often than not, Cedar is her best friend in town :)

"Ray" the fin nor, Couple of mate Ryan and Jay organised this fishing reel for me through a good tackle shop so put the names together :) Also caught a 10kg+ stinga on it the other day! Good fun with 20lb line.

And the one and only "KELLY" Named after my best mates wife who talked me into buying a stella! It's an "investment" he said! Well it bloody better be mate! Merry xmas dyl!

Have got names for the rods they go on too but even I can't remember all the names of them hanging up in my shed!

Lines tight

Dyl 

reels.jpg

I don't name my gear, but I do talk to it, and I also talk to fish.

I'm not mentally unbalanced or anything....yet, I just really get into my fishing, and love getting all intimate with a fish and cuddling it while I gently remove the hooks.

I think you will find quite a few fish crazies on this site.

Though I have given up licking windows, even though it tastes nice.....

• 4 weeks later...