Daiwa Sol II Line roller bearing replacement

Hi,

I have noticed my Sol II 4000 acting up and making some loud noises while winding. Yep, you guessed it, line roller bearing is shot.

I have opened it up and tried to give it a good clean but this has not helped.

I have since purchased a replacement bearing however I am having issues removing the bearing from the line roller. Is there some kind of trick to this? I cannot seem to figure it out.

My google searches didn't help either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If the bearing is stuffed I would have ordered a new roller with the new bearing, however i would try soaking the roller & bearing in penatrine or WD40 or the like if this does not work clean out all lubricant & heat up the roller only with a small blow torch do not overheat then see if you can remove the bearing of course gloves or pliers will be required to do this. Only put pressure on the centre bearing ring. hope one of these work for you.

After each trip i blast inox through the gaps into the line roller assembly in the hope that it will stop corrosion and possibly increase the life of the roller bearing.

I don't really have a lot of proof that proves this is effective but i just hope it is.

After each trip i blast inox through the gaps into the line roller assembly in the hope that it will stop corrosion and possibly increase the life of the roller bearing.

I don't really have a lot of proof that proves this is effective but i just hope it is.

That's what I do as well, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be effective, certainly isn't hurting anything.

Line rollers are one of the easiest parts of a reel to maintain, but for some reason the part most overlooked by people. Their position makes them more susceptible to the effects of sand and salt than the rest of the reel. A close second would be handle assemblies, but they're not such a crucial part of the reel.

If your line roller isn't working properly it can put heaps of twist into your line and be a serious issue if you hook a decent fish that is pulling line fast and hard.