I've never used it myself either, I find that the reels I own are plenty fast enough already. The stuff will definitely speed up your reel but you need to be able to control the spool well or you're asking for trouble.

I think distance casting in the real world is more about technique than super fast reels. If you're a tournament caster and really need an extra 5m then fancy lubricants can help I guess, but I've done some casting with tournament guys and with some reels they're actually trying to slow them down a bit.

Yeah thanks for the comments....I probably wont bother with it.....the people iv spoken to have suggested it doesn't make THAT much of a difference, I just like to be able to cast a long way when fishing for salmon and I don't think it helps with that.....half the experience of salmon fishing for me now is of how far a can cast cleanly ...and the other half is of course catching the fish....the latter would come first though in priority. with a 60g slug I can get between 60-90 metres straight mono 20lb on my akios reel (check em out if you never heard of,,,amazing) I really love distance casting with my overheads(when lure fishing), although im not doing crazy distances with my outfits its definitely a skill to get long distances with overheads more so id say than spin gear...and I like perfecting the skill .

I've thought about using an overhead for casting lures at salmon to try and get more distance, but I find that trying to quickly retrieve a metal slug with an overhead is difficult.

I currently use a Daiwa seajigger with a Penn slammer and with a good aerodynamic 55g lure I reckon I'm getting 70-80m on average.

I am a big fan of overheads as well, I've just found them impracticle for quickly retrieving metal lures, with my Abu 6500 I need to wind incredibly fast. My slammer seems to be easier to wind quickly.

How do you find the Akios? My Abu has a 5.3:1 gear ratio, is the Akios faster? Do you use the longer power handle or a shorter double paddle one?

Any feedback would be appreciated. I would love to have a nice overhead salmon setup.

Plankton the Akios is 5:3:1 also, I have found that a steady wind is all that's needed to get hook ups.... I never need to go crazy.

The handle is standard but its a lot longer etc than old abu's etc, check them out on line and have a look they are really nice and they are cheaper than abu pro rockets.

Abu pro rockets are very nice also iv used a mates and it flys....very very similar to the akios I have .

My Akios model is one of the cheaper Akios models , they crank up to around 450 bucks for a higher end model , mine was around half that price and  I thought was a very nice price for what I got. I have used a few different mono's on overhead casting reels and have found the two that help with casting cleanly the best are suffix superior and penn super x, 15lb ok but 20lb for bigger lures/bigger rods.

I used mine straight out the box, and didn't add any oils/grease and it was amazing. very happy with the product.  I pair mine to a MT6110 for lighter lures or a 4120 for heavier work...wind on leader of 50lb when doing the heavier work helps a lot with distance casting and preventing overruns.