Birds nests

:icon_evil:The Dreaded Birds Nest :icon_evil: :icon_e_biggrin:Found a really cool method of tackling these. It's probably as old as the hills but it's new to me.Put the reel in free spool and draw out the line until it grabs. You now place your thumb fairly firmly on the line on the spool then wind the reel a 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. Put the reel back in free spool and draw the line out again. If it doesn't work the first time, just keep trying until it does, it may take a whole lot of repeating but amazingly it does work. Hopefully none of you will have to try it much.

I'm gunna give it a shot! another trick is when its really bad gently pluck at the loose loops of line and gently pull it out as far as ya can, when it stops coming out, its either fixed or ya have to gently tug the main line until it comes loose, this works well with my abu. Not 100% foolproof though, worth a shot.

I'm gunna give it a shot! another trick is when its really bad gently pluck at the loose loops of line and gently pull it out as far as ya can, when it stops coming out, its either fixed or ya have to gently tug the main line until it comes loose, this works well with my abu. Not 100% foolproof though, worth a shot.luke tryed this today and it frigin works great realy suprised it works so good!

Here's a tip to stop those nasty :censored: bird nests 8)Before you cast whatever lure or lead out, hold your rod horizontally with your weight hanging at 90 degrees to the tip.Slacken off your bearing end cap and Gently jiggle the rod 'til the weight just moves downward 8) Try a gentle cast and if this doesn't quite make it, just fine tune with a tweak either way. 8)I've owned an Abu 9000C for 45+ years and have found this works well.As for "nests", I used to look forward to the very occasional one as a challenge to see how quickly I could get it out!! and generally at night with a headlamp too. Loving your work boys :fishing:Cheers, tonyb.

yeah tonybbut wait theres more, :-[ amongst the guys i lurefish with up here i also have the dubious honor of doing the best "Dance of the lost lure" it happened last year casting from the banks of the Darling river after getting some of these same blokes into lureing and bestowing upon them the importance of good knot tying skills I hooked a fish midwater and the lure knot came undone .hissy.Hence this little jig a jig (read footstomp and curse)has earned me the title 'best dancer' ;):D