KI Hanson Bay SALMON

Hey everyone, I just wanted to ask whether people have caught Salmon along Hanson Bay in Kangaroo Island? Can you get them at the mouth of the little river there? Or can you only get them on the beach next to it? 

If you've got any photos, feel free to share! Would love to see what I can get this holidays ;):D

Cheers in advance.. 

Usually pretty standard 30lb single paternoster with 2 snooded 4/0s and a whole pillie or a double with surf popper on top. Not a very energetic beach, so 4oz stars should likely sufficient, with a swivel-snap to reduce line twist & sinker changes.

Fish as below good fun on lure.

Jealous, wish i was there.

KI salmon.jpg

KI salmon2.jpg

I've only been to KI once, but had one of my best ever Salmon sessions at the second beach at Hanson Bay. I was casting lures into the gutters and caught a heap of 3-4kg size fish over a couple of hours. Interestingly there were others fishing near me using bait and didn't catch one.

Nice! Were you using waders by any chance? Or are the gutters in really close? 

I've only been to KI once, but had one of my best ever Salmon sessions at the second beach at Hanson Bay. I was casting lures into the gutters and caught a heap of 3-4kg size fish over a couple of hours. Interestingly there were others fishing near me using bait and didn't catch one.

Nice! Were you using waders by any chance? Or are the gutters in really close? 

No it was in April, so the water wasn't too cold. I've got a Daiwa Seajigger which can cast 70 gram metals a long way, but that day they were within an easy cast distance