Bream as bait????

Guest matty_G

Guest Butters

There is heaps of better live baits around.. but sometimes ya cant get your preffered livebait..Not saying its right to use undersize bream for bait.. but i would chuck a bream fillet out if that was all i could get ahold of..

I've never used it as bait personally,But what i can tell you all is that i was once bringing in what turned out to be a legal bream at night couple years back just near jarred road car park bend , when WHAMMO!!! -- I Thought it was gone until i got it to the bank to look what the hell had just happened,and it had a bite/chunk missing from behind its head!!!!!!! Always thought it was a mully , now i know it was.!!Spewin it missed the hooks..... >:(Will post pics, just gotta trawl through them to find it...Watch this space.......Cheersstu

Guest matty_G

they were legal,or at least appeared to be,i didnt play copper and ask to measure them coz im not that sort of bloke.Had they been small in appearance i wuold have politely mentioned to him that such a practice isnt legal as alot of people dont know all the rules.He had one hook behind the head and another in the tail

• 1 month later...

Used them off west beach a few years ago, leagl size of course only to hook up and then have the fish run staright back into the rocks,,, you guessed it bust off.

I would say that would happen a lot, especially with Bream. Probably why people use Mullet.