Wire wind ons..

Guest Butters

Guest Butters

Seen on Shark fishing DVD some fellas using Wire Wind-on leaders.. The idea is that you can wind the Wire onto the reel and basically hold the reel with your palm and help keep a shark under control.. to some degree.. With the Plastic coating its supposed to save damaging your rod eyes..Any one else used one? any feed back?i'm gonna give one i made up a try next time i'm out chasing the buggers.. size=778http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/et1Kksjv__12012009097.jpg[/img]

hay man ive used 1 b4!!!! and i am never using it again!!! id rather stick to the mono wind ons!!!! the wire sinks 4 starters and if ur land based and ya hook up 2 a big shark wats gonna happen wen some1 tries to hold on 2 tha leader wen the shark is straght down and ready to go absolutley insane!!! (whitewater is all ya will see) and ya hand will get sliced in2!! yea aniway wen i used mine my actuall wire snapped trying to lift a little 4 foota up!!!! now wat tha :censored:??? how does that work lolthanks lloyd

sounds like a rod breaker to me. Wire from the reel to a big angry shark there isn't going to be any give.

yea im with mc id only use em on bream coz they go so hard around the pylons!!lol :icon_lol:

I'd like to see a bream caught on wire! i have enough trouble getting them to bite on fluoro 6 lb!
  • 9 months later...

I use wire wind on leaders when I go for a big one. I helps me heaps when a shark swims under the boat and wants to cut me off. In all other situations I prefer Mono Wind On leaders especially from the DJP Tackle range. The leaders are great, Ive used them for years and are great quality. Jinkai line used which lasts me ages.