My first big Snapper

Woooohhhhooooooo!!!My Aussie fishing buddie (AFB) took me out on his boat yesterday afternoon for another Snapper session.Boy , was it worth it!Flat calm but stinking hot.Well we pulled a few good sized ones in but then something big hit.AFB wondered what was on the end at first - I was just going to jelly! :icon_lol:Up till then I did not realise how much effort is involved in bringing a big one in - great seeing it on TV ,but very different when you are trying to stop line peeling off!AFB made sure I did not go crazy winding up too quick as the line was 20lb.Gently (sic) with much sweat,puffing and panting ( and a quick break by AFB who took over for 5 mins) up it came - after a total of nearly 30 mins AFB informed me (I'd no idea and thought it was 10).AFB really was ensuring I did not loose this one!So I've got my first "Biggun",about the 20b mark.I was nearly stunned into silence (which is nearly impossible with me!)Talk about knackered and elated at the same time!!Not felt like that in years !Also it did feel like a right of passage.Once again I'd like to thank AFB for his generosity in sharing his knowledge and time,I know it gave him a buzz seeing me so ecstatic!To anyone new to fishing - hope you are as lucky as me in receiving so much help!Lucky me in a lucky country!I think I'll stop smiling about next Wednesday!! ;D ;D ;D ;DPosted ImagePosted Image

[move]BL**DY POMS!!![/move]Congratulations bloke! But what's this about handing the rod over for a 5 minute breather Captain Chickenwings? :icon_e_surprised:Now slap that sucker on the barbie and show ya pommie mates what Adelaide REALLY has to offer! ;)And thanks to AFB for taking the time and effort to help others out AGAIN AND AGAIN! Red boat huh,....ummm...errr.....nope, cant say any of us here have a boat that looks like that! Must be a benevolent stranger! ;)

Well done Tyke! Condratulations bloke.I have to agree with Ranger though mate. Ya cant just go passing ya rod over to a mate willy nilly during the battle, or you have to say 'we' caught it. lol.Well done,

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:I know........won't happen again though - I'm going to the gym from now on!

When I look into my crystal ball, I see large and frequent tackle outlays on the horizon for young Tyke! ;D

I was impressed by AFB's tackle (don't take that the wrong way!)Shortish overheads not costing a Gazzillion Dollars.Did the job great style.Thanks for the "young" BTW.have a Karma point :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

All filleted and tucked away in the freezer.Had some for tea the other day and it tasted wonderful.I'm partial to meatier fish that does not taste "fishy"I'm hooked now.Looking forward to tasting Snook and Shark now.Just got to learn how to catch em" :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :fishing: :fishing:

hi tyke really nice fish I am bright green with envy as Im still a snapper virgin I am like you new boat and new to ocean fishing so Im still staying close to shore as yet and mainly catching crabs, gar, tommies, squid and the occasional whiting. Would love to get onto a nice red as they are my dream fish.Anyway congrats on the big fella it is a beauty.Rocket