Good fly fishing dvd

For all you guys new to fly fishing there's a dvd that will put you on the right track. It's called Gillies introduction to fly fishing and it's presented by the well known fly angler Peter Morse. It covers all the basics and is the perfect thing to get you started. Here's the link.http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DVD-EXPERT-TUITION-ON-FLYFISHING-WHAT-BAIT-TO-USE_W0QQitemZ350176828843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Sport_Fishing_Fly_Fishing?hash=item350176828843&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318Cheers, Dave.

During the Briefing night for the last ABT at Salisbury Tackle, I noticed they had a DVD playing in the background which was an introduction to flyfishing.It looked quite interesting, and I made a mental note at the time to get in there sometime and ask for a copy of it.Maybe if they see this they could also provide the title of the one they have.

quote author=Big Ian link=topic=4374.msg40457#msg40457 date=1237378707]

Bugga! I can't seduce you any way at all MJ :icon_lol: ::)
Maybe try dinner and a movie followed by a few drinks :P :P :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:but I bet his answer will be sod off. ;Dhe's into a pretty bouquet of flowers?Might try him out this Sunday :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Geez dinner movies flowers when will I get to go fishing. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

This one too by Lefty Kreh helped me out heaps when I was starting.Work on a technique down the oval for a while [glow=red,2,300] 'minus a hook'[/glow] for starters, and it all starts making sense and coming together.Then go try it on water.I think about $30, and off the net here in Aust.

Posted Image

I do have the one Dave mentioned in the post, as I can't get enough fly stuff. ::)

Just finished watching 'Gillies Introduction to Flyfishing' dvd, and would recommend it.A lot of info on everything from knots, gear, casting, retrieves, flies etc. for salt and freshwater.$5 +postage well spent I reckon, and not just for new fly-fishersGood on ya grubb! :icon_e_biggrin:

Here's one that has me pineing awesome footage ;D :'(. It's call "Images of a Northern Estuary" It's put together by Graeme Williams of Insight Fly Fishing Darwin and Barry Anderson. Graeme is the primo Fly fishing guide for the Top End. He guided Lefy and Harro in an old Video I have about Barra Base and PNG Black Bass. Anyone heading up that way for a fly fish should seriously consider a trip with him even if it's a day trip. www.insightflyfishing.com.au :fishing:

• 2 months later...

All of Oliver Edwards' DVD's are really good, tips as well as instrucions on how to tie the flies. Just got to actually catch something now. Have seen Mel Kreiger's DVD and also have a casting DVD by Joan Wulf, but have to admit I haven't watched the later yet