G'day mik013.before taking the reel back to where u bought it, make sure all the bits are in the right place & in the correct order, that is if you have had it apart for servicing.make sure any bearing or washers under the spool are present, drag washers are in the correct order & seated.if all is present & correct look very closely at the spool rim, if it has any dings in the finish it could have had a knock at some stage, sometimes it might not feel like much but suprising how much damage can be done.

it does have a slight wobble under pressure but only slight...i think it must have had a nock because there is a small scratch on the top edge of the spool...when u pull line off u can see its turning slightly out of whack...im just not sure whether its a big deal or not?

If uve dropped it, it may have a bent shaft

it does have a slight wobble under pressure but only slight...i think it must have had a nock because there is a small scratch on the top edge of the spool...when u pull line off u can see its turning slightly out of whack...im just not sure whether its a big deal or not?

just finished taking all the components that the spool sits on, on the shaft. check the shaft against a steel ruler and couldnt see any noticeable bend or anything sinister...dunno what else to look at. i dont think ill atempt taking it apart any further because it still works quite well and knowing my luck ill stuff it up good and proper ..... Thanks for the help !!

no worries always willin 2 help

just finished taking all the components that the spool sits on, on the shaft. check the shaft against a steel ruler and couldnt see any noticeable bend or anything sinister...dunno what else to look at. i dont think ill atempt taking it apart any further because it still works quite well and knowing my luck ill stuff it up good and proper ..... Thanks for the help !!

Guest big lizard

Warning to every one using Team Daiwa reels send them back to daiwa dont try pulling them appart the digi gears are alined on jigs so the gears roll smoothly and don't mesh, fine tolerances between the gears if not placed correctly your reel will be a piece of poo.. :icon_cool:Mike, as projoe mentioned it could be that your spool is out of wack,this can be a fault from factory my mate got a luvia's 2000 the spool lip is out of wack about 3mm no worries with performance at all just a dickie spool, take it to the Sports Fishing Scene the reel man there loves his Daiwa reels ;) and he knows what his doing, if there is a big problem he will send it off for you or tell you to go back to the place of purchase...Either way he will solve the mystery...Cheers Damo

• 5 weeks later...

How "slight" is the wobble, It's not an F1 engine. There is a certain amount of play in the unit. It won't be a bent shalt, the shaft doesn't spin, just moves up and down. My guess is it's just a little play where the spool mounts on the shaft or between the drag washers.