Line to leader.

hi fellas just messing around the other night finding out the most preasure i could get on my line to leader knots. i found out that my braid leader knot i usually use for my bimini to leader broke at 17 kilo of preasure on 50lbs braid and 120 lb jinkai. i wasnt that impressed as that particular knot broke when the braid melted through the mono. i got better results with black magic tough 120 got 20kilo before breaking, same spot. also i tryed the same knot with my mono 15kilo hybrid to 60lb fluro, broke at main line 2 16kilo which is 100 percent.just wondered what knots others use for samsons and kings, and also for light line line to leaders for bream and mullies? this particular knot is my fav at the moment (braid leader knot) but do also use wind on leaders tied with dacron, i make them my self at home and get awsm results but are time consuming to tie. what do you use? 8) 8) ;D ???

stick to that black magic tough trace rich, iv found its great for knot strength and allround just awsome it seems to me tho pen 10 x leader is shit compared to it but im not sure about jinkai as i havnt used it to much ;) bimini twists seem to be a prety popular knot at the moment hay! i think theyd be ya best knot for tackling kings and sambos ;)

bimini and a wind on leader. If yhou want to buy some pm me. Bimini tied correctly to a windon should be 100% never had one fail myself.

i tie my own dacron/splice tom, and they never break less than 20 percent over mono breaking strain, thanks anyway. cheers for the replys blokes.
Guest SuperThahn

Dacron is available from wellsys tackle or you have to get it from the US.Make sure you dont get the green spot dacron as its very waxy and sometimes slips.I use the black stuff and have not had 1 break or slip at all.If you want to make wind ons make sure you get the right tools otherwise its an absolute bitch and you will give up quickly.I think the kit is about $270

Srick, where do you get your dacron from?For the light stuff I just use uni to uni.At the moment on my heavy gear I just use a bimini, then cats paw to a big snap swivel. I am looking to make up some wind ons, but haven't seen any dacron readily available.

bruce used to sell the dacron also. and yeah i get mine like to said from wellseys. but i like the dacron that i got from steve from topshot the best. kelvin you can buy one looping needle and one thredding needle just to get started, singles are also got from wellseys tackle.
Guest AC Hardfronts

unless you wanna buy bulk spools from bruce, you will only find 80lb that you can buy per meter.there is a fair amount of setting up, glues, wipping, needles, pipe needles and then the patients to work them out and make a nice clean windon...then ya gotta test them out.. i tested them on eaglies.. I have made from 40lb to 130lb so far and never had one pull..so now i use them on everything..

• 2 weeks later...