Burley in the surf

Hi,I found this tip, its probably old news but it seemed pretty smart to me.when you go surf fishing tie a small ball of burley in a stocking to your sinker and every time you cast out re dip it into any tuna oil or sardine oil or whatever oil ur using, to attract the fish to your bait.

dig a few holes just above the water line (preferably above the high water mark) and fill it with pillie or fish bits then cover back over with sand, so that the wave action will eventualy wash the bits out but not all in one hit. When we fish Salt creek we use this method and it seems to work (not for me but the blokes I fish with). Have found that the rolling cage method seems to get washed up onto the beach or just gets in the way but it works well

• 2 months later...
Shark_Fisho wrote:

gd idea but with the roling cage at salt creek becasue there is massive surf and pull my roling cage posts keep coming out and resulting into lost burley cage

Take a couple of decent star droppers down there and also a nice sledgehammer and belt them in ,and I mean really belt them in.We take half a dozen in the 4bees when we go down there and use them for rodstands [tape your pvc pipe to them after belting them in]They will hold anything in even the strongest surf.Cheers