Could you justify this

Was browsing ebay this afternoon (am looking for another sounder ::)) and came upon this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290312694489#descriptionand then got to wondering. Who could justify such a thing? Is there REALLY a market for these things to appreciate in value to the degree described, particularly in todays ecconomical gloom ???

I don’t understand why it would needed to be justified.Heaps of guys buy reels at $600 or $700 each.It’s like you buying 3 good reels that add up to $2000.Most people thought I was nuts buying a van staal for $1200.But I wanted one and no one had to talk me into it.If people want to buy it then good on them. _Why_ cause they canOther point of view is how many people here enjoy alcohol (beer,spirits)and after a year of booze what do you have to show for it.On ebay I watched an old wooden cedar seamartin sell for $1180.I recently paid $17 for a bottle of coke original flavor pre 1985 manufactured.That was cheap too.Or go to foxtel and watch the million dollar auction where old cars sell for three million plus.

its in no way better than a normal exist... i find it funny how companies like daiwa make these reels and market them as 'collectable' asthough if they call it a 'collectable' then it automatically becomes a 'collectable' reel. they did that with the morethan.. not going to happen lol its just a gold exist, who cares, with that money i reckon id rather a normal 2500 exist, 300 exist and a steez 2500 thanks lol

well as it happens i know someone who bought one yesterday for $1500! He's laughing because people already have been paying $2000 plus for them. Its an investment and will only go up in value as it is limited edition.although that one on ebay he is dreaming coz his starting price was too high.I have held it and admired it, its bloody nice! although i'm not a fan of gold, i think too much looks like an italians necklace!And for the uneducated, the reel comes with 2 different size spools and 2 handles! check out the price of exist spools and handles! with those with it, it isnt much dearer than a normal one.