Different types of fireline

I like the coloured fireline as its easy to see when lure fishing, eye sights not the best these days.i have used fire line crystal for ultra light (3lb) finesse unweighted plastics etc but thats all, of coarse there is always a fluro carbon leader attached to my firelines. as far as differences go its only really for presentation purposes.

It all depends on the type of places where you are fishing, if its snaggy stick with the coulured stuff so you can see where the line is and control lure movement. Fireline Crystal is where you feel confident in open water where accuracy isnt important, go the crystal...

It all depends on the type of places where you are fishing, if its snaggy stick with the coulured stuff so you can see where the line is and control lure movement. Fireline Crystal is where you feel confident in open water where accuracy isnt important, go the crystal...

completely wrong ::) Fireline Crystal is just the latest Fireline out, it's clear colour is really all that is different from the pink line and you can see it fine in the water, it is meant to be harder for the fish to see this line not you ;) it cast just as good as the older Fireline too, even better if you use the lighter weightsone word of warning when spooling up with any Fireline/Braid, "DO NOT" over fill ya spool, you really need to keep it well below the lip, much lower than when you spool with mono, or you will end up with a big tangle of a messalso watch out that when you have cast, your first turn of the handle doesn't leave a loop of line hanging off the edge of the spool as this will also cause you a birds nest of trouble, when you next cast, Fireline comes off the spool a lot easier/quicker than mono and has a lot less drag, so don't worry about leaving a good bit of spool lip exposedyou can buy the Crystal Fireline in thinner diameter's than the older pink line too, which is another bonusSnapps has been fishing the 4lb since it came out and has had no complaintscheers chuckPosted Image

Yep Ive been using it for awhile now Ive used 2lb 4lb and now Ive got some 8lb that Im using when chasing mullies. I think for the price its good value and Ive never had trouble seeing the line in flight during a cast or watching for movement while fishing sp's.Chuck is right about filling your spool Ive found that by not overfilling my spool I have very few problems with loops except on very windy days.Nice pic too chuck of a couple of average bream :icon_e_biggrin:cheerssnapps

Nice pic too chuck of a couple of average bream :icon_e_biggrin:

AVERAGE!! :icon_e_surprised:Geez, look bigger than any average bream I've seen :icon_cry: :icon_lol:Thanks for the advice Chuck, looking to re-load on of my reels and been very happy with the 4lb pink I have, but might also give the clear a go.So much to learn about this form of fishing :fishing:

I have not used braid yet, (trialling platypus lo stretch next time I get on the water), so am wondering wot brands are at the upper end as far as quality go. Fireline obviously been around for a long time, but are there things to look out for when selecting braid? :-\

yep cocle on the paternosta rig done lets fish,not anymore now its all wat colour wat weight wat length wat weather wat tide and how much is that one there gonna cost me ;D ;D but hey theres a lot worse addictions out there mate ;) and this addiction im happy to pass on to my kids 8)

I have not used braid yet, (trialling platypus lo stretch next time I get on the water), so am wondering wot brands are at the upper end as far as quality go. Fireline obviously been around for a long time, but are there things to look out for when selecting braid? :-\

first up Fireline is "Not" a braid, it is a "Fused" line, which means its a fibre that is fused togetherBraid is just that Fibres that have been braided together and usually is a lot stronger than fused line, hence thinner for the given strengthi have used Braids for years now and have used the Daiwa, Finns, Bass Hard and Nitlon, i liked them all and they all had there good/bad pointsi stuck with the Bass Hard for a few years as i liked it the best, even though it too has it's problems. anyway after hearing a lot about the Nitlon and with the Bass Hard selling at $70, the Nitlon at $40 i thought I'd give it a go and to my surprise i found it was identical in every way except the colour, to the Bass Hard :o so i know what i will be buying from now on ;)All braids and Firelines take a few trips to "Wear In" as such so be patientanother tip is every now and again at the end of a fishing session (if in a boat) is to let your line out the back with nothing attached, it gets rid of the twist that fishing jigs and hard bodies put in your line and is a major cause of "Birdnests" if you do get a nest, wet ya line before you try to get it out, with a little Patience most times it will just pull outhope this helps a few of you newbies get started with Braided/Fused linescheers chuckthis was caught on 4lb Bass HardPosted Image

Cool vid. I noticed you had platypus pretest as a leader as opposed to flouro carbon. Do you find much difference in the choice of leader material?If you can get a mulloway on that gear then i guess its hello 6kg rod 12lb braid and hello 10+ kg snapper :o .fishswim.Appreciate the info Mr ChuckTseeker.

err that was all i had that weekend as i had run out of what i normally use hahaha, :-[ at that time i was using 4lb, 6lb and 10lb Bass Hard Fluro for all my different fishing situations, but of late i have changed over to Nitlon Fluro and i find it very good too, again a bit cheaper than the Bass Hardif i was fishing for that mully I'd have at least my 10lb leader on and my 2-4Kg rod with 6lb Braid, ;)i was Bream fishing at the time i caught that fish haha :o But it just goes to show what can be landed on light gear ;Dcheers chuck