Hi, guy's just wondering does anyone know if you are allowed to put tinnies with out boards in the Onk. .boat. :fishing:Also I have just bought a boat, and was wondering if anyone would like to share some GPS marks with me, or if there is a book i can buy with them in it, all information would be greatly appreciated, cheers Fishingnut

Fishingnut.. from memory not petrol powered craft can enter, however electric powered is another story I believe.Just be careful where you launch as there aren't many places with access and tides play a huge part.Googls Sa GPS marks and you will find all you need in regards to books. Plenty out there but all spots would be thrashed !!

Fishingnut grab one of them booklets on GPS marks. I think "GPS Marks in South Australia" is commonly available, and don't worry about them being thrashed, coz you wont be fishing on those marks anyway. ;)Choose the area you wanna fish, and enter all those book marks into your GPS, but when you name the marks, make sure the name ends with a "B" ie: SiltB, NavalB, MindaB, etc.This will remind you that the mark came from a book!When you head out to the area, use that mark as an indication only, but start sounding around the general area looking for structure. When you find it, enter that as your new mark, without the "B" and delete the mark which ends with a "B", so you've just replaced it with a mark of your own.This way you can still fish the well known grounds, but you will be on your own little piece of structure, away from all the other boats hammering the area, and you'll have a much better chance of producing than all the seagulls fighting for a spot.If you can't find anything worth fishing, just cut the engine and drift while keeping an eye on the sounder. 9 times in 10 you'll happen across something worth marking, and once again, you'll be away from all the knobs.

wish more people thought like that instead of on top of you !!

All fishermen have to put up with seagulls wherever you fish! ;)I bought a boat because I got sick of people fishing over me landbased, then I found out they also wanna do it out in the ocean! :icon_eek:There are ways and means of avoiding them or getting rid of them though!
Guest matty_G

I think that your not allowed to use petrol boats due to the noise as its pretty residential,anyways u can cast from one side of the river to the other so theres no need for the boat,just walk the banks ;D