Storm approaching Browns

Guest AC Hardfronts

Have fished there in similar condition.. but we managed to find our self in the middle of it.. Lighting everywhere, heavy rain, black skys... FISH EVERY WHERE!!!!!Nice photo SMP, theres nature at its best!!

Thsnks all for the comments.Rocknev, it's just like finatic and Wayno said, Browns is right at the bottom of the Yorke Peninsula.Enter the Innes National Park at Stenhouse Bay and then follow the road through the park. The road ends at the Browns Beach carpark, which overlooks the beach.Cheers.

Surf_94 wrote:

rocknev wrote:

might just have to pay it a visit one day...ive never been past adelaide.. not even to victor harbour...

...........I think you need to get out more. :)
hahahaha... yeah i guess your right.ive been to every state cept nt and wa, but if im heading dow to adelaide way, thats normally where i stop.mostly fish whyalla and lincoln way.

...........I think you need to get out more. :) hahahaha... yeah i guess your right.ive been to every state cept nt and wa, but if im heading dow to adelaide way, thats normally where i stop.mostly fish whyalla and lincoln way.I guess if most of your fishing is done around Whyalla and Lincoln, there's no need to go anywhere else.

smp wrote:
...........I think you need to get out more. :)
hahahaha... yeah i guess your right.ive been to every state cept nt and wa, but if im heading dow to adelaide way, thats normally where i stop.mostly fish whyalla and lincoln way.I guess if most of your fishing is done around Whyalla and Lincoln, there's no need to go anywhere else.you got that right. i got a good mate in perth, he is down from the bottom end of york peninsula, and really misses the fishing.you cant just go to a jetty or the rocks and catch fish like we do.if he wants to catch anything decent, he needs to book a charter...

Great photo I have a great affinity with Browns Beach and once use to fish it every friday afternoon when I lived on the York Pen.I really miss those days and I have now used your pic as my desktop background so I can reminisce every time I turn the computer on.I can remember fishing a day there when the sky looked the same but the water went that oily calm you sometimes get before a storm. It will go down as being the best session I ever had at the place and the fish were hungry and big.My biggest that day went 14lb and 10lber's were ho hum. I took a mate there that day for his first visit and can remember him asking me if it was always like this here :woohoo: We were using big poppers and I can still remember watching bow waves appear behind the lure and the spectacular explosions as these monsters attacked.cheerssnapps

Yep, Brown's is a great spot.It's a pity about the rubbish left there at times though. After walking along that pristine beach, with the surrounding coastline, it's a bit of shock coming across dozens of empty bottles or piles of rubbish.Anyway, I wouldn't mind a couple of snapperhead's 10 pounders. They'd really go in the relatively calm waters of the lagoon. Good stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...