I didn't know!!

My husband and I went to Tumby Bay a year ago on a mini honeymoon/fishing trip. Yes, the husband did pick the location and town of Tumby Bay. I thought I would be doing a bit of shopping while he went fishing most days not to realise until arriving in Tumby Bay it's all about the Fishing! How Romantic!The 1st day we arrived about 12pm after a early morning start to driving our 8hour trip. We checked in and straight away put our bags down. I am sure i was just putting the last bag down in the room and my husband was already getting our rods and tackle ready. We didn't go too far from where we were staying and decided for the afternoon a bit of light fishing would be great. We stopped at the little marina and threw our rods in. Me my pink ugly stick. We sat and waited and waited and waited. Nothing! What shall we do we asked one another, head somewhere different or keep trying. We were sure there would be something in here. Nope we must move to another spot and try there. So we reeled our lines in. My husband reeled his in first and then me. To my suprise as i reeled my line in we noticed i had actually caught a double header. They were only small but hell yeah my first double header. I then began to wonder why i hadn't felt my line twitch or grab? Why? Oh, well all i knew was that I was currently 2 up on my husband. size=640http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/oc7rWoBP__nicki_n_josh_photos_142.jpg[/img]

howdy wilma i can relate to your story and had a little kackle reading your post My mrs has out fished me more than once and there i am mr fisherman with the nice rods and she has the average ones Arumor has it that fish are attracted to womens feramones which im not sure if thats true or not I took my mrs fishing to the port river last september to put the theory to the test and didnt get a mulloway once again keep out fishing josh there i wont tell anyone {SMILIES_PATH}/lipsrsealed.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/lipsrsealed.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/lipsrsealed.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I bet she does too! Go Stacey {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifWell on Sunday we went out for 5 hours in the heat and caught very bad sunburnt arms and legs. We also caught 7 squid. 6 of those squid were caught in a time period of less than 2 minutes. It was quite funny actually. Josh was squirted all over his face by them and the boat was covered with black slime. But it was all worth it as we sat down that night and enjoyed a beautifully fresh meal of crumbed squid.Craving for more fishing. Hopefully not too far away size=800http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/AapLogwa__P3020037.JPG[/img]

• 1 month later...

All I could do was giggle as I read this thread. Bought back so many memories of my time with my ex on our boat.I used to out fish him every trip. Ended up he used to say that he was just there to drive the boat.Now with a new guy it is happening again. We go fishing and I catch more than him everytime. First trip he catches 2 mullet, I catch 5 mullet, 2 TR, 1 ST and a shark.Next trip over 5 days I am 3 up on him. Mind you this time he caught the bigger fish with 2 huge 3kg salmon at Browns Bch.Still I am in the lead and thnk it will continue.Luck or Skill?Patience I think is the key.And les sweat. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...