Bream Flies?

G'day rangfish.. I've tried heaps of patterns and colours in the Onk and West Lakes, but for me, these couple have had the best results so far.If I have these on hand (and some spares) I start out feeling confident of a bit of interest after a few casts.Minnow/Baitfish type flies..Without rattle..Posted Imageand with a 10mm glass rattle..Posted Imageand a bought fly from Pirie St. did ok too..similar to a Baited breath..Posted ImageEbay and online shops have heaps (if you can wait) but you can't beat tying your own and scoring a fish 2nd or 3rd cast. Means you must be doing something right. :PTying is not hard, can be very inexpensive and I'd recommend having a bash if you get the chance and get exactly the fly you're after in hook size and colours. You'll be hooked! :laugh:

Ive caught some good bream up to 48cms on small clousers in chartreuse and white. I did however fish a Glenelg River comp a few years back with a fly only boater he used his own creation which he gave me a couple of which were loosely based on a baited breath. He swore that all good bream flies must have some orange in them. He bagged out so he knew his stuff.cheerssnapps

• 1 month later...