A good knot for 30 to 50 lb mono to tie a hook on?

i use 50lb for my snapper hooks. i sort of use a snell, but different.hard to describe it, but will have a go.one end of line is facing the rear of the hook along the shank, the other line is facing forward.NOT through the eye of the hook though.the end of line facing forward is wound 6 times around the the shank, which lays it over the line facing backwards...bit of spit, and pull the line facing forward, locks it up and gives about the same strenth as a correct snell.but its heaps faster and less fiddley to tie.this is a good knot to do at night time when the light is low...i can do 2 hooks, and a double blood knot swivel in around 35seconds in daylight, and about a minute or so in the dark.if anyone has a copy of an old video/dvd, WHYALLA'S GIANT SNAPPER, its at the end of the film......

check this link & chose snellhttp://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.phpi've used snell for 2 hooks up to 200lb mono for hammerheadsfound jinkai green easy to snell 2 hooks on 120-150lb for Samsons.i also snell 1000's of 80lb snapper hooks this waythis site has some great knots & easily explainedcheersBigAsh

Ok, i love stuffing around with knots and i think ive found the perfect snell knot. having attempted this style before but giving up after countless failed attempts i found a vid on you tube and i mastered it in 30 min. similar to the one bigash put up except u dont go through the eye twice, which makes it way easier to pull together. looks much stronger than the uni snell knot i was using before and i dont think there is any chance it will slip at all. Enjoy! ... clearly i have too much free time :)

photobucket is a bit slow tonight... but its on its way.the knot i use, doesnt go through the eye at all.... hope its clear enough...bit dark in the bedrrom, and i had my headlight torch to make it a bit brighter.but i can do another one tomorrow if its not clear enough.this is on an 8.0 hook, which i dont use often, but its bigger for seeing.50lb mono is the trace, and normally i would wet the line before pulling tight.