Bream fishing in the Pat As reported Advertiser

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26422079-5006301,00.html"FANCY reeling in a bream from the Pat? Adelaide anglers could soon share the bream dream, if Holdfast Bay councillor Tim Looker has his way.Mr Looker has asked the council to consider putting fingerlings of black bream into the Patawalonga."Why not fill our estuary up and get people down here fishing?" he said. "The black bream was my suggestion because they don't swim out to sea again. It's a fish that remains in the area and feeds and grows, and is a good eating fish, and is a native fish."The council has agreed to investigate the idea."I don't see any problem with doing an investigation, talking to the people who might know what breeding grounds are there in the Pat," said the City of Holdfast Bay mayor, Ken Rollond. Trevor Billing from Mawson Lakes said more could be done to improve the fishing experience for young families.He'd like to see barbecue and toilet facilities, jetties and pontoons. "

Its good to see that some councils can see the benefit in stocking fish. And by adding bbq's toilets and jettys will make it a more desirable spot to take the family for a picnic and a bit of a fish which will ultimately benefit the area as people will spend money close to where they are for drinks food petrol bait and tackle etc.

Del wrote:

"The black bream was my suggestion because they don't swim out to sea again. It's a fish that remains in the area and feeds and grows, and is a good eating fish, and is a native fish."

Flight of fantacy! If for no other reason than the residents will object on the grounds of increased parking & traffic woes. Then there questions to be raised over the following statements "Never leaves the area"? :dry: Well some might'nt"Native fish?" :dry: "Good eating"???? :S Outta the Pat, is there some secret about Pat caught bream I'm not aware of? :huh: Full points however for looking at ways of encouraging and harbouring family based recreational fishing.

Kelvin, shhhhhh! :dry: It's positive steps for family angling and recreational services while anglers are getting locked out and moved on from everywhere else, so I'd suggest we just don't tell the good councillor about all the fish which already call the Pat their home! Let's all support the councillor and his push for recreational fishing in the Pat, and stocking with Bream is a great place to start! ;)What's the number for the Holdfast Bay council? Coz I recon we should all call and congratulate Councillor Looker on a fantastic idea. We want barbeques, jetties, pontoons, tables, chairs, shade, a tuck shop, meter maids and dancing girls! :woohoo: I'm gonna convince Aarron to write a letter from the Strikehook angling community thanking Councillor Looker for his attention to this matter, his concern over traditional family values and passtimes, and giving him our support! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRROOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!I Love Glenelg! The Bream fishing mecca of the south, with wholesome family values and recreational services! Three cheers for Holdfast Council, and now that the issue has been raised, get the ball rolling! Tim Looker for President!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: When's opening day at the Pat? :cheer: