Flyfishing for bigger fish

Hi allIm am wanting a challenge atm and trying new areas of fishing.... Since i dont have the dosh for a boat yet and restricted to land i am taking up fly fishing. I have done it many years ago but gave up after i had to much work and schooling goin on at the time and never had the time to fish.....Anywayz im heading down to the yorkes on boxing day to firstly target mullies at ardrossan, and then head over to the other side of the peninsulato have a cack at some of the kingfish that are hanging round.... so i guess what im asking is what sorta flies should i be using for mullies and kinges? colours? sinking flies floating ones etc??????? any help would be great......Brayden

A friend of mine Adam has nailed legal mullies of Ardrossan and kingies from under wallaroo jetty.Not certain but fairly confident he was using profile clousers. Bloke by the name of Bruce Brown showed many of us how to tie them. He has a dvd available with a whole range of larger flies including an awesome squid fly pattern on there. Bruce is the fly fishing champion of NT I forget how many years running. If your interested I can pm you his number if you want a copy. He is the undisputed mully king when it comes to fly especially in the onk. He would probably be happy to give you some pointers when u pick up the dvd. ;)

Hi BraydenNever landed a mullie on a fly .But hooked a few over the last few years.Always they were feeding on baitfish .First 3 or 4 nailed a baitfish imitation fly or if u like my version of a surf candy fly.They all broke me off !!Last one slightly different was using a variation of Morises whiting popper (he's caught Barra on them).Wasn't a huge fish but stripped line and spat the fly .Once again it was feeding on baitfish.The first fly I was fishing for bream so fished the fly like that, cast let it sink two strips and repeat .And they struckThe popper I had to keep moving or rather I moved it stopped and then moved again when it hit .Lots of luck