That little voice in your head !!!

Well normally I sit at my keyboard and try to wax-lyrical .Not going to today.It was hard or has been hard the last few weeks and was still the same this morning .And I had this little voice in my head this morning .It told me to look for a fly I tied last year and never used .There was something about it that made me never choose it .Well it got jumps galore this morning .And there were times that 3 fish would jump one after the other at it and of course just the odd jump.I did have a tiny fish tail spit it.But in one group of three fish this is what took it.Posted ImagePicture does it an injustice its all of 19cm :shock: :lol:;) I did try the next beach for zero .So at least after 2 hours today I got something ;) And for young players I kept the tension on the fish while stripping the line in.Once I picked the fish up the fly fell out !!!

nice effert, with a good fish as a result.i sumtimes get that feeling im going to land fish... most times its correct as well... but not lately... :( im getting more blanks than fish.one thing im going to try before im too old to do it, is fly fishing.maybe one year i might venture back to tassie for another holiday, and find a guide to show me how to do it.i have visions of a fly ripping my ear ring out :dry:

rocknev wrote:

nice effert, with a good fish as a result.i sumtimes get that feeling im going to land fish... most times its correct as well... but not lately... :( im getting more blanks than fish.one thing im going to try before im too old to do it, is fly fishing.maybe one year i might venture back to tassie for another holiday, and find a guide to show me how to do it.i have visions of a fly ripping my ear ring out :dry:

yes well its been rather dry for me with fishsince my knee op.First fish landed .the one that spat the flyby the feeling of it made this one look large!!!Fly fishing is something every one should tryDo yourself a favour and get a good teacher .then get adicted :P
benny wrote:

Yeah there is a few yfw in the lake now worth a go mid morning on pooper flies or worm flies when the sun hits the water and you can sight fish for them its awesome!

Not sure about the YFW but the Garfish weren't playing .I seemed to get the best action in areas wherethe wind was at its highest spots.And in the places that were sheltered nothing .A few bait fish schools as well but not big numberswell along the two beaches I walked today.Tomorrow a different day a different beach ;)
Softy wrote:

I have been floating along on the kayak looking at them hanging around structures and tried every thing i have with no luck. maybe i should just cheat and take bait next time :lol:

Don't do it Softy. :laugh: Try a jighead in the 1/50th range with size 6 hooks and buy a pack of Squidgey critters,cast up against structure and let it sink with a loose line and you will get fish.After that its up to you :woohoo: Well done Micky...any biggies snuffling in the mud on our beaches?. cheers brenton
brenton wrote:

Softy wrote:

I have been floating along on the kayak looking at them hanging around structures and tried every thing i have with no luck. maybe i should just cheat and take bait next time :lol:

Don't do it Softy. :laugh: Try a jighead in the 1/50th range with size 6 hooks and buy a pack of Squidgey critters,cast up against structure and let it sink with a loose line and you will get fish.After that its up to you :woohoo: Well done Micky...any biggies snuffling in the mud on our beaches?. cheers brenton
Dont ask about this morning Brentonwent to a different beach got my gear out and leftmy fly reel on my PC desk :blush: That beach u got that mullie at when I met u .there werefish from garfish to Bream (small to nice sizes)yesterday.But they weren't feeding.I got that little fish at the beach I lost thatschoolie at .And there weren't any biggies I could seeBut there were more fish than have been about .