SCHOOLIES ON FLY

Got out in the kayak yesterday for some flyfishing fun and ended up with 3 little mullies on the 7wt and 3 little mullies on the 4wt. They weren't big fish by any stretch of the imagination but on the 4wt they went wild. Good fun and great weather, what more could you asked for. All fish were photographed and released B) .Cheers DarrenPosted Image

Highfly wrote:

Mullie flies on a 4#Darren you are awesomeGreat work mate B)

G'day Nick,I've come up with a new prawn/shrimp pattern that I use on bream and the mullies liked it too. Like I said though mate they were only small (49cms) so it was just like catching a big trout :laugh::laugh::laugh: The good ole 4wt is a versatile tool ;);):laugh: Cheers Darren
Highfly wrote:

Dare say that first runs probably a tad better than most trout would account for themselves. :P Something special about jew, especially local.

Yeah mate, these were my first on fly so that makes them special. Now for some big ones ;) .I'm keeping a species on fly list now, so far I've got------Spanish MackeralCobiaQueenfishSchool Mackeral Mangrove JackBludger TrevallyBreamYellowfin WhitingSchool MullowaySalmonMulletSnookSnapper (50cms)TommiesSlimey MackeralGarfishCarpAND OF COURSE TOADIES :laugh: So the list is starting to look good and I'm enjoying adding to it.Cheers Darren