Birthday Flick

Well it is my BIRTHDAY today.And I organised to have today off as leave.I did neglect to tell anyone in my family Wife almost had a heart attack when I was till home at 6.20 this morning.Anyway slipped down to the same two beaches as Saturday morning.I missed Sunday even this nut-case SWFF thought the wind was to strong !!!.So today with a smaller choppy surface I thought it would be good as well.Half way along the first beach I managed to drop a tiddler, not much was showing any interest in surface feeding.Then casting out halfway between the deeper water and shallower weed beds.I started getting some more interest.Of course at this stage I went into brain dead mode and totally forgot what I had intended to do if a larger fish actually struck.Result three dropped Bream around the 20cm mark!!So hitting myself in the back of the head mentally.I decided if I was lucky enough to hook another fish I would play it the same as I did Saturday .Now a few minutes latter and further along this beach .Two things happened a reasonable size Bream jumped out the water an arms length from me.It wasn't the jumping that got me jumping it was the sound .It was almost like the crack from a gunshot .it was that loud .Anyway just after that BANG!!!I'm on again this time I made sure the hook was set .I let the fish take out the slack of my stripped line .walked backwards and played this little20cm Bream to the shore.Nice on a surface popperPosted ImageA minute or so latter a little further up this beachBANG!!!I'm on again .Once again I did the same I let the fish take the line walk backwards .But this little bugger stopped dead .I thought it was off then it went again .But I played it into the shore .Nice 23cm Bream on a surface popper fly!!Posted ImageThis one you can see the popper fly betterPosted ImageAfter that I made my way to the next beach but nothing.The wind was getting colder so I headed home .Great way to spend my birthday morning !!

nice one bro, this weekend is my b-day. heading up to walker flat for a wedding on the shoreline. tho i'm rocking up in style.. after a fish of corse, gunna pull up the bream boat on the bank full tuxedo, hopefully with out too much fish slime on me :) told the wife "its clean fishing... all lures :)"