SABT Port River 2009 in SKEETER Vision

• 1 month later...
afishyfish wrote:

Love the way the vid stopped just before he hit the speed limit under the bridge :dry: :huh:

Because that's where all the speed stops, and it aint worth filming when everyone cuts power and travels in single file at 4 knots. It'd be more interesting filming Thomas the Tank Engine after that! Unless of course you want footage of us all picking our noses, lighting cigarettes, tying knots and reading stick books, coz that's about all that goes on from the bridge onwards! :( On the bream comps it's open slather for position at WOT, from the marker at the corner of barker/angus inlets. That's when all the boats hit full power and the race is on.When we are all at full throttle, all boaters keep one eye out over their shoulders, for the faster boats such as Leon's coming through from the back of the field, because you do not want to peel off to a fishing spot and get T Boned by a fast boat which cant avoid you, and you need to know where the other boats are when you are racing.This continues until we all hit the Torrens Island Bridge, where power is cut, and we then slowly motor along in line. The rules do not allow us to pass the boat in front of us once we hit that 4 knot limit.Yep, I always ask my partner to keep an eye on the fast boats behind us, and let me know which side they are gonna pass us on, so that I can give them a bit of room and prepare for their wake.Leon blasted past me at warp speed, but just like the other 20 boats in the field, every one of them cut power at the bridge, and there were spotters standing on the bridge watching, so that any boat which didn't would have been disqualified.Personally, I find the 4 and 7 knot limits for the Pt River absolutely ridiculous! There's nothing like travelling all the way from Torrens Island Bridge to Birkenhead and beyond at displacement speed, but the law is the law, and the tournament rules are the tournament rules, so we all have to stick to them, or risk getting fines and disqualified.Here's one of us actually taken from that bridge in a tournament, and likewise, as soon as we hit the bridge speed was cut: Posted Image

DSC_2529_800x6001-20100509.JPG

That pic of you ranger is you coming off the power just before the bridge, how do i know that? Because I took the pic.you can see the inertia as you upper body has moved forward from the sudden slow down, also the position of your throttle and plus I have a series of pics showing it......or a least I used to.