• 1 month later...

'Twas a bit sad as it didn't make it :unsure: My Bride is the gourmet cook, she has the most amazing recipes B) Ask Matt89 what he thought of the ginger and garlic white sauce, with chopped spring onions he had poured over some big redfin fillets for our dinner at my house recently :woohoo:

• 4 months later...

Guess I'll have to be satisfied with this beauty for the time being ;) 1.6 kgs and 48 cms long :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi again Tony :) My weekend fish went 46.5 cms and according to my old scales only went 700 Grammes :side: So maybe your fish was either a lot fatter than mine or I need new scales or maybe new glasses too for when I read them :unsure: Maybe all three !

Good to see you do your home work mate!Don't worry I spotted your post almost as quick as you finished writing it ;) I'm very sad when I see these Spring time redfin as they have lost a good third of their body weight by now as they have finished spawning :ohmy:I have an evil plan developed over quite a few years of chasing my favourite species and that is to target them in the freezing cold winter months when the rest of the guys are making plans to break out the slip slop slap in the nice warm summer months!It pays off, Club reddy Champ for the last four years and an ALMOST un-beatable leader board fish for this year too ;) ie No chance of the fish going in to spawning condition before the June AGM when I collect my fifth consecutive Trophy;) Geez, I'm boringly good at this reddy bashin' lark :laugh::laugh: :laugh:Congratulations on your fish it's a magnificent specimen and would have put a bigger smile on your face just a few months ago. I would have been just as stoked as you are had I latched on to it! Great sport this fishin' lark B) B) B)PS My current leader board reddy is a mere 46 cms long but weighed in at 1.46 kgsNow do you hear what I'm trying to say? Wonder what weight it would be if caught today??? Hmmmm!

Oh POOH!! Yet another Seniors moment ;) Truth is mate, I catch that many kilo plus reddys that the memory tends to form a bit of a blur as to where they all were caught and when :unsure: :ohmy: :huh: Never mind tho' I've always got the Club Redfin trophy in my study as a ready reddy reckoner over the last 4 1/2 years :P :P :PPS that PB was the 2009 to 2010 Trophy! PPS Now that we've got the Dam back which held the Club all time record of 2.2 kgs (by Bob Harris in 1991 to 1992) I'm looking good to break a few more PB's ;) ;) ;)

Thanks Tony, I called Sa water yesterday & was told that the Warren reservoir is open to South Para Permit holders until the 31st of March next year, apparently the South Para Reservoir isn't going to be opened until then & that's why it's been extended to compensate those that have the South Para Reservoir Permit, may need to update these details on the forum? Im sure a few fisho's on here would appreciate the extension :)