some nice gear there m8, I use mainly my bream rod with plastics for schoolies got my pb on it last night and a snapper squidgy spin for the bigger models. only use lures for mullies because I can never be bothered catching fresh bait and caught plenty more on lures, only got 2 mullies on live and dead bait. both reels are penn applause and the 1500 one I use for schoolies with 6lb fireline and bigger fish withh the 4000 penn with 20lb sunline PEPosted Image

Cheers benny, yeah i prefer using lures 2 dude, Nice fish by the way. _matt_ its actually a silstar with my 2500 custom r on it bud, the reel was new when i got it, i like using the short rod for storage reasons, still rated as a 4 - 7 kilo rod. I like the increased abilaty to rapidly move around the boat when fighting the fish with the small rod, just somthing different i guess Posted Image Got this 8 kilo specamin whith my short rod chukin around HBs.Its not the size of the rod its how you use it. B)

silstarmullie.JPG

Different strokes for different folks I guess.Why is it that you reckon the shorter rod gives you an "increased ability to rapidly move around the boat when fighting fish?" I personally can't see how something in the usual 6-7ft range would be a disadvantage in comparison.Nice fish though man