First deep water experience.

A week or so ago I was lucky to get out into some deep water. I think we fished beween 40-60m all day and the next day my arm hurt alot (bad technique). I went out with Mark and a pile of other people from Reef Encounters on the bottom of yorkes.got my first Nanny, Swallowtail, Big Queenie & saw a monster groper also boated. some other big fish were hooked and lost!!!a great day and a great day of firsts for me! Posted Image

double_header.JPG

rocknev wrote:

excellant....tell me though... at them deapths, can you actually feel a bite? would most certainly be a long haul up with a big fish on

with braid no problem... and you knew you were on when you hooked up... pre braid I recon the nibbles would have been heaps tougher to feel!
brenton wrote:

Mark has always put in a great effort for me when on his charters except he's never gotten me onto big Mowie,good to see your getting out and about. cheers brenton

thanks mate :) nah feeling better everyday, have adjusted my fishing to slightly less "psycho" which is probably good! B) wished I was on the end of a few of the howlers that day... man did that groper pull hard!!!
afishyfish wrote:

That certainly looks like a blurter of a mowie Voogswhat weight did it go ?No snapper ?

Ummm I've written down the length and (from memory it was 85cm) but it was gutted before I weighed it... I'm sure if I had wanted to I could have got it weighed but was pretty keen to get my bait back down B) :woohoo: