rod Q and reel Q's

hey, has anyone used the shimano jewel's? was having a play with one in RnA's today and felt nice for the price thinking about getting one just for a bream snook etc. flicker?and i gave my penn applause a beating on rays the other day and since then its making an Occasional squeaking noise and gets abit hard to turn when using lures it'll be fine but when i pause then go to wind again itll be "tight" then go fine again till i pause again :s will a rebuild be fine or is sumthing gunna need to be replaced?cheers scott

blightmadi69 wrote:

Gday SouthslideGoing to pick myself up 1 @ anglers choice next week for my birthday (1-4kg 7' one piece )Mark showed me how they load up and it blew my mind ... Cant wait to get my hands on it. Cant go wrong for the price . Not that it means anything ..but a great looking rod to Blighty

yep that's the one I had... :angry: but yeh that's life, all good! it made me excited as I bought it... I just hope it's been put to good use by whoever took mine... after all it had NEVER been used!!! :S

i have a shimano jewel snapper 762 matched with a stradic 4000 reel........great outfit i love it....bought it from anglers choice at christies beach.great for salmon fishing,casting lures a mile off the beach up to 45gm............have caught snook with it too...a breeze....would recommend....light weight you can throw lures all day.