Loop evotec clw or shimano bio craft

Hi everyone I'm after getting a new fly reel and would like ur comments on which would be best. I will be fishing both salt and fresh fishing with it 6# and 7# I would like to use the one reel for all my fly fishin if possible and just buy spare spools for it I'd like to spend between $100 to $200 on a reel so if u have other preferences of a reel that would be gd Cheers Matty89

Biocraft are great reels for their price. I personally don't like plastic reels so I wouldn't buy a Loop but then again that's me, you may like plastic reels. Biocraft for sure ;) . Or for $200.00 you could buy an ALBRIGHT TEMPEST 1 from Sea level flyfishing in the U.S. absolutely brilliant reels all CNC Machined with cork drag and you'll have it for life. Google Sea level flyfishing and you'll see what I mean. I have 3 of them and they are tough.Cheers Darren

iv had the bio craft 7# for 3 years and caught kingfish upto 90cm on it. and last big gts and bigger kings. salmon no worries, strong reel, but the gt's did make it sound funny 'too fast for the bearing maybe' its done me alright. not the lightest, but reliable. as for the loop, dunno. fishnuts has heaps of diff reels so if he recons the abel is strong that that would be a good one too

thanks everyone went in the the tackle shop the other day and cancled out the loop clwso now stuck with another reel to choose between the shimano bio craft look awsum for the price but the guy showed me another reel called a ross flyrise dont know if any of u lot have seen them but they look ok and a bit cheeper than the bio craft. then he told me to look on the net at a ross airius they a little bit more money than the the bio craft but look awsum on the screenany body have any oppionions on these 2 reels? anybody use ross reels? cheers matty89

ive got a ross evolution lt. its a sweet smooth reel. the flyrise looks similar but in that textured stuff. roos make some good stuff but if i had the choice between a shiny biocraft and a dull textured flyrise id go the bio.what are you going to use it for and on? also have a look at the vision GT, same price as bio, i also have one of these. it was sweet till i fell as smashed/warped it under my weight on a rock lol! still works though.oh look at my banner at the bottom. thats a bio next to the bonito..

• 4 weeks later...

either should work on those species, but with the snapper, not that ive caught any on fly but know that they are deep most of the time, you need a very fast sinking line to get to them and that will decide the weight of rod you use, ill be using a 9# for them but bream i use a 3-4 and carp a 3-5 mullies a 7 so its a tough one to get one that will do all, welcome to the world of accessory sports lol