Fishing the Gold Coast!

Had a holiday few years back for my birthday in feb and stayed at a waterfront villa. Bloody beautiful. Went out every mornin and was catchin 30-40cm bream on a few pieces of bread :fishing: For landbased i'd recoomend tryin out a few lagoons for your bream yellowfin trevaly. Treat the river nearby as you would treat westlakes i suppose.Anyway goodluck:P :P

do yourself a favour & get on a charter. Last time I was up there (2 years ago) I went on a reef charter in 5m seas. We got so many different fish I was buzzing. Snapper, red snapper, pearl perch, trevally, sweet lip & cod. Then we got onto some cobia & some sharks. The sharks were too big to boat. :blink: I'm going up there again next May & I'm already counting the days.

When I was there, I found the fishing to be very tough, all though I didn't fish the rockwall nearwhere you will be staying... I wanted to go there but only rented a car in the last few days of our stay.I found that the landbased fishing was very limited.I think going on charter would be the best way of really enjoying the fishing that the Gold Coast can offer. Im certainly dissapointed that the day I tried to book, the wind was blowing 30kts and all charters werent going to risk going out!!I mean it was good to get up each morning and go down to the nearest estuary for a flick, but really was wasting my time as all I caught was some small pike and kept getting my plastics tails eaten by these pesky pike.I think if I did another trip to heart of the goldcoast/broadwater, I would book a charter and just do my fishing with them then spend the rest of the time enjoying the sights of the GC. I think had I been there in the heart of summer/flathead season, I might of been a chance.