Are TT Ghosts all they're cracked up to be?

Hey guys,Just like to share this little incident with you all concerning a "Ghost" Blade!I got snagged in a dam on the weekend possibly a bit of timber, after trying different angles of pulling, I finally lost the patience and tugged real hard with the 8lb flurocarbon leader and the 2 to 4kg Raider rod, resulting in the rear half of the Blade , complete with treble, being left behind on the snag!!!Just wondered if this has happened to any one else with the plastic bodied blades?It also begs the question of how much pressure they can stand with a big fish working on the back treble!I'm not knocking these wonderful lures in any other categories as they are good looking, very efficient and are a delight to use when chasing fish!Posted Image

I don't mind them and have caught some decent bream on them,no doubt they wouldn't be as tough as a metal but when snagged your usually caught up on the other side of the snag and pulling on the line would be bending the blade around the obstruction.When catching a fish the pressure would generally be in a straight line.I bought a few for what i assumed would be their subtltey but imo they are in no way subtle and have become a lure i use in the dirtiest of conditions, cheers brenton

Agree with above remarks- have used mine quite a bit and got snagged up a number of times, ive never snapped one but have always pulled in a straight line- put simply the best investment i ever made was a small lure retreiver with the 3 chains hanging off of it and a roll of thin cord from a $2 shop, All up it was under $20- so 1 lure saved and its paid for itself. ;) :cheer:

tony, no worries mate and Rangfish, i doubt it works properly but i reckon it would be interesting to see if tony could get rid of the broken part, cut some perspex to shape, maybe paint it up a bit and see if he could salvage it- another idea would be to make a mini version with only one set of trebles on it.- there ya go Tony, the challenge has been laid down for you mate. :cheer: :laugh: :woohoo: