Mulloway love my prawn flies

Mate they can be tied both waysHook point upPosted ImageHook point downPosted ImageAnd never worry about snagging them because if you aren't down where the fish are you probably won't get any bites either. If your worried about loosing them just tie them with a weed guard and you'll be fine.By the way, give us a look at some pics of the ones you've tied, I'm very interested to see how all of you guys flies have turned out.Cheers Darren

Got my Prawn patterns happenin but still havin trouble casting the fly rod though...! Had 2 flies in my leg in as many weeks and at the speed they come at you they go straight in let me tell ya...:blink: How do you think they'll go on the YFW...??? Ever tried/caught any..??

Mate crush the barbs , it makes them alot easier to get out of your hide when you are learning to cast :lol: Maybe I should have mentioned that :whistle: :laugh: Look up my post titled " Playing with my Junglecock " that's the one I'm using on Yellow fin whiting but there is no reason these tied in smaller sizes won't work.Let us know how you go.Cheers Darren

[quote name="fishnuts" post=127788Mate crush the barbs ' date=' it makes them alot easier to get out of your hide when you are learning to cast :lol: Maybe I should have mentioned that :whistle: :laugh: Look up my post titled " Playing with my Junglecock " that's the one I'm using on Yellow fin whiting but there is no reason these tied in smaller sizes won't work.Let us know how you go.Cheers Darren[/quote]Yeah checked out that post before and thats whats got me onto this type of fly (although just getting into fly fishing in general..!)The hook came straight out luckily but still tender even today...!!I'm gonna need more practice for sure...Went down last night to my YFW spot and they are just startin to come in all very small but good signs.... B)

[quote name="fishnuts" post=127788Mate crush the barbs ' date=' it makes them alot easier to get out of your hide when you are learning to cast :lol: Maybe I should have mentioned that :whistle: :laugh: Look up my post titled " Playing with my Junglecock " that's the one I'm using on Yellow fin whiting but there is no reason these tied in smaller sizes won't work.Let us know how you go.Cheers Darren[/quote]Yeah checked out that post before and thats whats got me onto this type of fly (although just getting into fly fishing in general..!)The hook came straight out luckily but still tender even today...!!I'm gonna need more practice for sure...Went down last night to my YFW spot and they are just startin to come in all very small but good signs.... B)

Fishzilla,The size of the fly to practice with won't matter but the weight will. Just tie a piece of wool to the end of the leader and away you go, get out on a oval and flog it to death. It'll all come together with a bit of practice. Good luck mate.Glad to hear about your whiting spot too mate, just a bit more warm weather and they should start to get real active. Cheers Darren