PB Yellowtail kingfish

Thats a ripper mate.How big......looks about 30kgs?Like all kings those greenly island kings are filthy fighters......take you around the anchor then under the boat then back around the anchor!

cheers Nanman,funnily enough mate i caught this bad boy at another location.we kept this fish as it was the first biggie of the trip.weight was 31.8 kgs if i remember correctly,70lb will do me,sounds better,haha.we did get a similar size fish that we did release at greenly and it was good to see him go down in good shape on the release weight.i might post a bit more now due to aaron making the site easier to post photos.i was always reluctant to post when i did not know how to size and post photos,cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi to everyone on site again. Ive just got back on site after about 2yrs of going missing in action! I was just looking at all the kingies! Very Nice fish to all. Just thought i could add to it with this pic of my PB King which was caught 30 odd kms off Fowlers Bay called Noughts Reef out of SAM's FAR WEST FISHING CHARTER! Sam was the skipper on this trip so it was caught a few years ago! Sam said it was the biggest YTKing he had seen and has had in his boat. He had it weighed on Govt scales and went a massive 47.5kgs=104.7lbs and had to give more than a mtr of line! by the way this kingie was caught on an ABU7000 orig with 20lb line with a blue RAPALA CD18.And my first cast was a 48lb king he was excited about that one so you could imagine his excitement on my next cast! Thanks again Sam! your sadly mate BUT not forgotten!(R.I.P SAM MADDONNA)Image009.jpgImage009.jpg

105pndkingfish.jpg

The biggest king i *caught was at coffins. Was 27kgs.** i'm told by many that it doesn't count as my capture because i caught it out of a mates boat using mates rod. All i basically did was wind it in therefore doesn't count haha fair enough.Second biggest is much smaller at around 10kgs. Caught at south neptune island on a rapala cd 11. I caught it out of my own boat using my own rod with my own lure that i tied on myself so i'll be damned if they'll take that one off me :laugh:

Picture028.jpg

DSCF0047_2011-06-21.JPG