My rule for the boat is if it's over 15knots I ain't going!At 15 knots, you will start to see white caps and it gets a bit too uncomfortable.But as Brent says, direction is a big thing. Land based, it will depend on your spot. Example 20 knot southerly might be alright on outer harbour breakwater. Water is chopped up, you cam fish shipping Chanel while protected by the rocks at your back. Similarly, while the average boater (me) won't go OUT, it can still be okay tucked into the port river/angus inlet/barker inlet, if you can fish on lee side. Also, to me 8 knots and under is quite pleasant no matter what you're doing :)

iam thinking of taking the boat out to the barges tomorow. 3rd time fishing for snapper from my boat. but still only ever caught 1 off a charter. cant wait :)

I reckon today would be great out there!Earlier the better tomorrow though. The wind will probably start to go crook in the arvo. The weather is a bit wonky at the moment, I'm keeping an eye on it for Saturday, but the synoptic chart is looking a bit weird, troughs and no dominant systems to predict any kind of stability.Like I said though, if you head out early tomorrow, it's looking not bad, and from dawn you could catch the big run out tide. That arvo tide looks a bit piss weak.Good luck christening the boat with a big knobbie :):):)Look forward to the pics.

hey mate just be prepared i know of alot of boats hitting up the barges and there is only tiny snapps there, ive fished around alot off osullies in last 2 days and i have not seen much on the sounder and used alot of fuel lol. not trying to put u off mate just giving u a heads up not to get too excited! if you goto the barges ide sound around before anchoring and see if there is actually any fish around.i think that the pros may have hammered it too much before the ban and wiped out alot of fish. jmo!