Onka mulloway sesh

After my hook-up but no cigar last sat night , I was keen as mustard to have another crack . Wed night I headed out after work an had another two decent hook-ups that ended in disappointment . Not beaten I looked forward to a sesh on the coming sat night with a good mate Leeroy (a lucky charm) that had been busy the previous couple of outings .Sat rolls round an the wind is blowing an the rain is patchy . Having doubts I rang my mate an he is still keen so with that I load up , pack the wet weather gear an head off .In the water we get on to some live bait quickly an have enough for a good night sesh in no time . Sweet . We arrive at the spot and rig up our rods with the live bait and cast out . Sitting there watching our lines , the weather looks interesting to say the least and we are doubting it was a good idea . Next thing I can see my live bait start to go bananas an bang I get a hit . The line starts peeling off but not too aggressively . I'm wondering if its a large bream ? No it's a 50cm mulloway . Not to shabby . Yeah it's not a bad idea hey !Release the fish , bait up again and relax . Sitting there with my mate I was asking if he saw my bait go bananas before the run , then explaining how you can sometimes see through your line an rod what your bait is doing in the water . When the bait doesn't want to be there you can see your line go very erratic . Not more than ten minutes went past , we are both watching our lines and notice that they are relatively close to each other . Contemplating moving a line I see the end of Leeroy's rod an line get very erratic an not a second later my rod an line also starts going bananas .Which rod is it going to hit ? Bang . My rod keels over and line starts peeling off . I hit an hook-up nicely an feel a nice weight to the head pumps . Awesome .Leeroy does an awesome job of reeling in his line an the anchor an getting the net ready . we start drifting with the ingoing tide an I can reel in some of this line that has peeled off . I get a glimpse of silver an think "big fish" an it takes another dive . It gets close to the canoe an Leeroy has a swing with the net but it does another dive an nets the sinker instead . Spew . Quick hands and the sinker is free . Another swing of the net an Leeroy is spot on an in the net the fish folds . Woo hoo! Solid 80cm . Not my PB but close and definitely not complaining . Just before we headed off , Leeroy did manage to get a PB bream of 42 cm . It was a great idea ! Here is a link to the video . it got dark quickly and the water proof backing was on so the sound is not the best but oh well .

Also . Yes soutie we will have to catch up for a sesh ?