Your best bet would be to take it back to where you purchased the reel from and they should look after you.Make sure you have your Australian proof of purchase (receipt) as Penn will no longer supply any spare parts or warranty if the reel was purchased overseas.

I have 2 Penn reals bought here in SA and don't have receipts for them, cause I never will keep receipts after 12 months or after the warranty period.From what I am reading is, I can't get parts for Penn products as I don't have receipts for them. If this is the case, I've never come across this type of backup service before in any industry, unless it's obsolete.I can understand the warranty side of it and get my full support, but not for a paying customer that wants a product serviced or buying parts. B)

They'll still supply parts for all their reels but the new regulation is in regard to parts and warranty CLAIMS.Standard replacement parts are not an issue.If i reel has been thrashed and or full of sand then it WONT be a WARRANTY claim anyway and therefore you can take it to your local store to get a paid service. Warranty refers to parts breaking on their own accord due to manufacturing faults or defects.

They'll still supply parts for all their reels but the new regulation is in regard to parts and warranty CLAIMS.Standard replacement parts are not an issue.If i reel has been thrashed and or full of sand then it WONT be a WARRANTY claim anyway and therefore you can take it to your local store to get a paid service. Warranty refers to parts breaking on their own accord due to manufacturing faults or defects.

Thanks for reply and thats what I thought, so fullysikwog doesn't need receipts to get his reel serviced. B)