New Fishing Gear

hey guys,would just like peoples thoughts on a few rods and reels im planning on geting in the next few months.First im thinking about getting a new lever drag shark reel, was thinking a inter 50 or 80, haven't really seen many others that i like,just wont something that will handle any bronzie but can also be a reel used for large kingys in port agutta and coffin bay.secondly im wanting to get a new surf reel for mullies and sharks,really liked the look of the fin nor offshore spinning reel 9500and lastly looking at two new rods for surf fishing for mullies and sharks, would the wilson MT8144 which is 12 foot suit this?knowing stuff all about tackle,i would just like to know if it would be worth investing in these.Thanks FSW

Cant make too many suggestions mate' date=' but I reckon an 80 might be overkill on a KIngy, then again it depends on how fast you want to get him in, if you can :unsure::huh::laugh:[/quote']TLD 25 should be plenty for your average Kingy.and a Wilson or Snyderglass in the MT 1844 will fish 8-12 Kilo no worries, though Ive gone to 30lb on one in btraid with no dramas.You might want to match this to a Shimano baitrunner http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&biw=1020&bih=594&q=shimano+baitrunners+&aq=&aqi=g2g-v8&aql=&oq=shimano+baitrunners+&gs_rfai=&fp=42c33c885e5e233I used a 4500 , but Im sure you could go a larger size easily, maybe a 6500 would suit , possibly larger.

IMO get a 80 put 1000mts of 80lb then you can tow or balloon heaps out if you can stand the sound it makes bringing it in (its like having the racket on all the time )tld 50lrs or any 30wlrs for kingies and sharks would be your best bet. But now most guys are useing big spinners with braid for kings . 4 Surf fishing i got a daiwa sensor 13 ft 30/40lb rod and casts like a dream cheers

Remember ....the more line u have out the more chance of break off from stones n reef .SO id get the 80 and fill it with 130lb to try and stopem quicker .:laugh: A game chair would be nice to go with that set up too.Dont know too much bout leaver drag reels realy .Go for the 80 lb set up and see how you go ,you can realy give them some stick with 80lb.even on ur 9/0 maybe try 80lb ....i changed my line from 52 lb pretest on my penn 9/0 to 80lb stren. see if i get a hit !

what about using a 50 size reel' date='with braid & a mono topshot?You would have HUGE line capacity & a much lighter reel than a 80, which would be more comfortable on a extended fight...[/quote']these are good points and need to be considered FSW, have a mate that fishes with me using 100m nylon topshots of 80lb mono underneath 80 lb braid on a LRS 50.....a nice set up , but i cant dig braid on an overhead fullstop.....just me.