rope for my drop gaff

TP as long as its soft and thickish and reaches way more than just the water off the highest jetty, ill put up a pic 4 ya too...lolthe middle rope is 20 years old plus,think silver rope is right name for it.the bottom one is nearly brand new ...never used yet ...i think. top one is thinnest 12mm i think.oh yea if you buy it from a boating shop get them to splice the ends for you , then you can use it as a tail rope easily too.i had to work all this crap out myself ya know!Harry

IMGP1806.JPG

12 mm silver rope. its expensive at bunnings better getting it from a boating store. and if your gaff is not heavy enough you may need to add some weights or chain to it!when u figure out splicing its actually really easy! only problem when u know how to do it is everyone wants u to do it for them lol

I think ther rope you are reffering to is Nylon rope which is a hell of alot softer than Silver rope and 10 times better on ya hands ;)We have both in stock as anchor ropes and sell more Nylon as it does not tangle as much as Silver rope can.And one other thing strength wise 8mm Nylon is equivilent to 14mm SilverJust a thoughtCheers

hahaha yep i have done that i hooked 2 big ones his year first nearly spooled me on my tld 50 first run hahaha had to chase it down the beach about a k and a half then after 2 hours she rolled up in my rope and freyed me off then later that night i hooked another and after 5 mins she spat the hooks lol haha cheers tp