Reel storage/transport

Had a quick search through and didn't come across anything too specific on the topic.So just wondering how you lads/ladies all store your reels and how you protect them in transit to fishing spots.I'm on the market for some decent storage for all of my reels and i've got something in particular in mind. I have a deluxe neoprene daiwa cover on my dogfight which is great as it has separate storage for the handle so i'm going to get one for my 4500 surf and then a medium size one for my ci4 4000. But... I have a ci4 1000 (to be purchased in the next week or two) and a ci4 2500 that need covers with a separate storage for the handle and i have a feeling the medium deluxe daiwa cover will be way too big :( and the small one they make does not have storage for the handle.Any suggestions?

In the past I have just made Little pull string shut bags wich some hefty lined material, which protects from scratches and dirt and then if im moving all of them just in a secure box. In my shed I have an Old cupboard and they stay in their bags in that, The more regularly used ones are hung up.But most of the time i dont bother, I have a wagon so i load them up all as one from the back through to the front...

• 2 weeks later...

I totally forgot about this thread :( Sorry to those who responded!I reckon little drawstring bags will probably be the go for when i'm on the move. Might have to come up with something and knock it up. Have decided to look after all my new gear properly so they live in the study now in their respective boxes. Haha far far away from the disaster that is my shed! Cheers for the link of the reel bag Ranger :) I'm pretty keen to get one of these for when i go on trips, i hate packing them into a big bag and surrounding them with padding and praying they survive the journey!!!!!Thanks lads and lady!Squid

I have a few soft zippered reel cases which hold multiple reels (about 6-8 size dependant)' date=' in a similar fashion as a laptop case or briefcase.Similar to this, and relatively inexpensive:[img']http://www.fishwest.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000002/fishpond/FP82SRCST.jpg[/img]Posted ImageClick here for larger pic: http://www.fishwest.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=flyshop&Product_Code=FP82SRC&Screen=SCRNSHOT&scrnshot_offset=2

This soft case looks excellent for fly reels but is there anything on the market in soft case like this that will fit most spinning reels?Ha a quick search and found this beast to hold spinning reels. link below: Cost $49.95http://www.histackleboxshop.com/Daiwa-Reel-Storage-Bag-p/daiwa-trs200.htmDaiwa-TRS200-2T.jpg

Yeah true in that they offer not much protection from being squashed, but Im mainly concerned with stopping my reels from getting boat rash whilst traveling in and out to drops at high speeds.Its okay if your in a boat with rocket launchers but if the boat has limited holders then your probably going to want to strip your reels down before heading in.so for me, I think this type case will be all I need. I will try and store the soft bag right up the front of the boat in a safe area.;) The other thing is the reel case that reels like my Hyper comes in is that they are just so bulky and awkward to carry on their own, so to have all my reels for all rods in one case would be superb.:cheer:You can get aliminium cases that have foam lining in them too. My brother has one of these but it is like taking your camera case on board.Okay I think I may have solved the problem. Look at this for a firm case.I think Im sold. Its only 14.95 american plus shipping!! OMGhttp://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Rod-Reel-Storage/Fishing-Reel-Cases%7C/pc/104793480/c/104812380/sc/104527080/Plano174-Reel-Case/704776.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffishing-rod-reel-storage-fishing-reel-cases%2F_%2FN-1102358%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104527080%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%253Bcat104793480%253Bcat104812380&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104793480%3Bcat104812380%3Bcat104527080plano.jpg