Thought I would post it here instead of starting another thread.We often catch these little green fish off the jetty at Stenhouse Bay. http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs449.snc3/25721_361802276140_563626140_5227921_4646035_n.jpgThey are quite small, from this photo you can't really see the dorsal fin properaly. When erect it is very spikey and they have very small sharp teeth.Does anyone know what it is? Is it just a type of Rock Cod?

Bangs8I'm calling it for a Rainbow Cale (Odax acroptilus) - maximum length supposedly 30cm.Check this link for a start and see if you agree:http://www.ozanimals.com/Fish/Rainbow-Cale/Odax/acroptilus.htmlCheersarcherfish

The body shape, colour and patterns look spot on to me! However the dorsal fin in the pictures you linked aren't very similar. The front 3 spikes are much larger and spaced out than what I remember?

No worries, Bangs8Modified "Mully Rules", though (see previous post "biggest mully on a lure") - little sucker has to be photographed against a backdrop of "The Advertiser" dated on the day you caught it. I'm a generous sort of bloke - you have until the 14th February 2011 (St Valentines Day - ain't that sweet?!)Good luck mate..Cheersarcherfish:P

We only spent one day at Stenhouse Jetty and did not catch a thing, not even a nibble.We went off to another spot where we spent 2 days and had a bit more success. However we did not catch any of the little green buggers! We did however catch quite a number of the brown ones which I think are the same fish? I cannot be 100% certain as I still do not have a clear memory of the green ones.Archerfish - it looks like you win!We are hoping to head back later in Feb for some more.I will post the pics of some of the fish we did catch, there is one which I caught which I would like ID'd.