Transport Company for Buying Boat Interstate

Hi fellow fishos,looking to purchase a boat from Queensland (Brisbane area) with the intentions of having it delivered to Adelaide.What is the best reputable transport company? and what can i expect to pay?boat is around 5mtrs and is fibreglass, trailer included.cheers

Check the Yellow Pages under 'Boat & Yacht Transport Services'P 241 in the Adelaide 2010 edition.May give you a chance to compare.Most QLD dealerships advertise 'Deliver any where in Australia' - but not very useful info if you are buying privately :S

are you intending on buying from a dealer or private? Only reason i ask is a mate was wanting to buy from interstate and he couldnt find a dealer that would stand by there warranty due to the fact that he was going to be taking the boat back to SA. They were saying that if any thing should happen to the hull or boat they wouldnt be fitting the bill to bring it back to be fixed. not sure in your case but just ask if about warranty and who pays for what if your buying from a dealer.

Around a year ago I got my 3m boat on trailer delivered from brisbane to bordertown for $800 by Johns marine Transport who are based in Adelaide and supply Quintrex/stacer among others to the adelaide and melbourne markets, they are insured freighters who where great to deal with and the best price I found by a long way (some other quotes where 3k and over:blink: )I highly recommend them, they kept me well informed of what was happening every step of the way and the truck driver on delivery even took the time to help me secure the boat on the trailer once hooked up to my car.cheers:)