Christened the little Bro

Well guys I christened the little bro this afternoon, not a big fish but very fiesty in the small water he came from. Nice and quiet up the creek so I tried nymphing under an indicator for the first time by myself. I have only ever used dries so this was quite good fun for me and another technique I've put into the learning process.Posted ImageHere's the obligitory photo of the fly that did the job, a homemade "Fishnuts" beadheaded seals fur nymph.Posted ImageCheers Darren

Hey John boy, I was only catching the little ones because as usual you were jumping in front of me to get to the good spots. The other picture I took for you looks better, oh no it doesn't, your not holding the fish as close to the camera like you are in this photo. Hahahaha. Cheers Dazz

That's a great way to christen the new reel Darren' date=' With the line and rod all set up the reel looks even better. B)[/quote']Thanks Liam,That's not the rod I'll be using this reel on all the time. I'm in the process of building a new Sage Z-Axis 4wt so I look forward to having a play with this setup when the rods finished.Cheers Darren

Rollas I had John swing the head of the fish towards me, trying to be artistic.John and myself enjoy some very friendly banter and I'm surprised he didn't come back to me with " If you hadn't have been trying to catch fish in trees, then you would have caught this fish", because that's exactly what I was doing when he hooked up. Oh well someone has to provide the comic relief, so guess that is my lot in life.Cheers Darren

lol, yeah thats tho only worry with fishing with bling, when you go over its like stuff the elbows and knees, just hug the rod n reel and hope for the best. other wise they end up looking like my previous reels hehe. so much wobble in the reel that you dont need a line brapper, the reel does it for you.next photo 'a 3lber next to it aye'

lol, yeah thats tho only worry with fishing with bling, when you go over its like stuff the elbows and knees, just hug the rod n reel and hope for the best. other wise they end up looking like my previous reels hehe. so much wobble in the reel that you dont need a line wrapper, the reel does it for you.next photo 'a 3lber next to it aye'