Just thought I'd post this topic after seeing tonyb wanting a redfin mold in the whoppa reddie thread. Just hung a few of my molds back up, just got a queeny, coral trout, snapper and tuna (hurry up Rob) to hang still. Got me thinking of all the fish casts I've seen I reckon R-Sea's are the most lifelike I have seen. I know a few other people on this site have fish casts by Rob and would love to see any pics people have of fish molds they have hanging up and stories behind them, who made them? I'll post the pics i just took of what I hung up last weekend.The pic with a few casts has my first fish mold which was done by Bruta in 2001. That is the mulloway over the arch with the rod above it.

redfinmold.JPG

kingymold.JPG

fishwall.JPG

I've never really been into the fish molds myself,well the missus would crack up if i started hanging up fish on the wall.She reckons i have enough fishing crap around the house as it is.I do appreciate the artwork though and if i had a fishing room i'd definitely get a few. cheers brenton

Definitely the stuff of dreams mate, I've got Deer, Goat, pig and fox trophys home but not one fish yet :( Got me fired up to find a bit more about molding now, I'd guess the cost would be in the actual artwork of painting them once you have the mold made? Thanks for sharing those molds with us. Just gotta convince the bride it'll be a great idea to have them all over our lounge room just like yours :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My mate Rob (R-Sea) made them, and the process has been an ongooing process for him, just unfortunate he has had enough of doing it, I think if you had the fish ready to paint, he'd probably do them but as for all the rest, he is over it.I have learnt heaps about it from the early days of us keeping a few fish from arnhem land and bringing them back in an esky, to next time up north catching up with NT taxidermist Andrew Cappo, who invited us out to his residence, and was a top bloke, giving R-Sea a lot of tips to help the molding process, and my gosh, he had some bloody big unfinished fish there, sails, marlin, sharks and barra, etc. Still got a couple more to hang up but these are what I retrieved from storage )mother and fathers) in Adelaide the other day and hung them immediately, with Julie's blessing of course :) I'm working on the other half of the archway now, get rid of the boring old painting of some hippy sheila sitting by a river and get a vibrant tuna, snapper, queenfish and coral trout up i say!!!!!!!!!!!!! who is with me, lol. :clap: @ tonyb...attention to the actual molding and cleanliness of the fish is the most important part, it is a labour intensive but fairly simple process!

Mate i love the molds! Some of them look stunning :) Definitely going to get my mitts on some!I'm pretty sure Shane Murton's (Editor of wildcoast) dad is a taxidermist. Has ads in the magazine I think..I'm so keen on getting some done! Were these fish you caught yourself or did you just buy them? Love the KG and the flatty

statesquidder,they are fish I have caught and chosen o have molded. Just lucky my mate got into it but its a shame he has had enough of it, molding and fibreglass casting is the easy bit, lifelike paintwork is the real skill.tonyb, always wondered how they did that to make a reusable mold, we just use casting plaster so its a one off.